Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Paper & Rhymes

"Paper & Rhymes" (2008)
-Powers

Sometimes I second-guess myself
--Lately, more than ever.
Don't know if I veer right or left.
Time to decide forever.

I wish I cared more 
About academics and family.
I've already lived the glory.
I couldn't ask for a better leave.

I've failed at deciding, too many times.
Others succeed after half of a try.
I'm venting through writing, paper, and rhymes;
People grew tired of hearing me cry.

My mind has been changed so many marks.
The tallies of transitions lengthen.
I suppose I'm content with the consistent long.
I do not know any other way.

I'm one of the few who has not altered.
So many friends drift distant and dumb.
I've remained the same, just improved.
I've found what is real and what's love and what's done.


No comments:

Post a Comment